When choosing a college or university, students can access resources to help them confirm whether that institution is accredited, as well as information about completion rates, outcomes, and other helpful data that can inform students.
The U.S. Department of Education maintains a comprehensive database of accredited institutions. Students should review the list to ensure their preferred college or university is accredited.
The Department also compiles a variety of important data about the nation’s colleges and universities, including information about completion rates, debt, and repayment, through the College Scorecard.
Additionally, each C-RAC member maintains a database of the institutions it has accredited. Click the links below to be taken directly to each commission's database of institutions.
• Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
• Middle States Commission on Higher Education
• New England Commission of Higher Education
• Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
• Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
• WASC Senior College and University Commission